When the temperatures rise, the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven. Now you don’t have to. Whether you’re putting together a meal for lunch, dinner, a picnic or a party, summer salads are the way to go. Enjoy these delicious recipes which will please the whole family – and your wallet.
Here are 10 Summer Salad Recipes to Try.
- Cucumber Salad. . This crowd-pleasing recipe is quick and easy. All you need: cucumbers, red onion, fresh dill, olive oil, rice vinegar and salt and pepper. Yum!
- Kale, Quinoa & Fresh Strawberry Salad with Minneola Vinaigrette. Strawberries brighten up any summer salad. And at an estimated $1.50 per serving, you can’t go wrong!
- Baja-Cali Black Bean Salad. . This recipe, good for the whole family, also happens to be “diet friendly…gluten free, dairy free and low carb.” The beans add a lean, inexpensive protein alternative.
- Green Salad with Apples and Toasted Walnuts. . Delicious taste and texture with added protein from the walnuts.
- Shredded Kale Salad With Avocado and Grapefruit. Boost your immune system with kale while satisfying your palate. The avocado adds a “healthy fat” and protein.
- Cucumber & Peach Salad With Basil-Mint Vinaigrette. This salad is light, delicious, healthy, and won’t break the bank. Feel like splurging? Add some goat cheese or feta cheese, sprinkled on top.
- Quinoa Salad. Quinoa is one of those inexpensive go-to grains that adds some bulk and texture to salad, without gluten. An unlike lettuce-based salads, the leftovers don’t wilt, they marinate, making them even better the next day!
- Jicama Fruit Salad. Nothing says summer like fruit salad. Jicama adds a fun, unexpected crunch to this recipe.
- Easy Pasta Salad. “The most economical way to make pasta salad is, of course, with leftovers – use pasta, veggies from another dish, and cheese (cubed or grated), then toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and spices. You can also add in a protein for an even more filling salad. My personal favorites are cubed chicken, shrimp, or pepperoni.”
- Orzo Salad with Zucchini, Tomatoes, Olive and Feta. Not only does this pasta salad taste delicious, it’s an “extremely pretty salad with lots of color and texture.”