Recently, over 10,000 people attended the first-ever CatConLA, dubbed “Comic-Con for Cat Lovers.” I put on my kitty ears (and cat-print dress and cat handbag) and pounced on the opportunity to attend this amazing event. In addition to the various kitty tees, totes and toys, I found some pawsitively unique cat-themed items.
Here are 18 Unusual Cat Gifts I Found at CatConLA.
1. Cute Kawaii Gifts. Vendor offers a large, h “catpuccino” for preorder. I picked up a “decaf catpuccino” magnet which features a mug of catpuccino with a sleeping cat face.
2. KitNipBox. Sign up for a box of delivered to your door. gives KitNipBox 5 out of 5 stars! Receive a 15% discount by using the BESTFRIENDS code at checkout and 5% of the proceeds will go to Best Friends Animal Society.
3. Cat Lady Box. Why should cats have all the fun? is the first-ever monthly subscription box for cat ladies. Treat yourself to a monthly box of “the most unique and exclusive cat lady finds.”
4. Zoomer Kitty. Allergic to cats? Not ready to commit to the real thing? Then how about a ? It plays, it purrs, and there’s no litter box mess!
5. Cat GPS. is “the smallest and most accurate locating device for finding your cat.” And yes, they also make them for kids.
6. Bowties for Cats. These are all the rage among the Cats of Instagram. Get them from , where a portion of sales is donated to Cat Adoption Team and The Pixie Project.
7. Tiny Clay Cats in Cubes. Artist Joan Wyand has created – “A series of small handmade cats contained in clear acrylic boxes. The cat cube measures 2″x2″x2″. Each cat is handmade and is unique in color, pose, and personality.”
8. Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box. Cleaning the litter box is now as simple as changing the kitchen garbage bag every few days!
9. Unique, Creative Cat Furniture. offers cat furniture in the shape of The Cat in the Hat’s hat, the Eiffel Tower, a king’s throne, etc. Why settle for your average cat condo?
10. Pregnant Cat Lady prints, notecards, etc. You know those drawings on the gynecologist’s wall that show what a gestating baby looks like in its mother’s womb? Replace that baby with a cat. By
11. Polydactyl Cat Toys. Why go for a generic catnip mouse when you can get your catnip toys in the shape of sushi, popcorn, coffee, or Chinese takeout? Yes, these are ! But they’re not just cool to look at – the Internet’s raves about them.
12. Cat Urns. These crematory vessels by are actually tasteful works of art that provide you with a respectful way to remember your cats after they have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.
13. Kittyo Cat Monitor. This allows you to dispense food, record and talk to your cats while you’re away as well as play with them with a laser pointer!
14. Mod Cat Bowls. Instead of an ordinary water dish, why not go for a luxurious cat-shaped bowl by ?
15. Unconventional Cat Furniture. Anyone who’s read Jackson Galaxy’s book Catification understands a cat’s natural instinct to “climb, perch, rest, play, and own their space.” The folks at have come up with easy-to-install cat furniture that meets these needs, like their “Indiana Jones Cat Bridge.”
16. Free Cat App. Gotta love a freebie! The CatWars app allows you to “see cute cats, win prizes and chat with friends.” You can even link it to your cat’s Instagram account. .
17. Organic Cat Treats. Catnip toys in fun shapes like bacon and eggs. By Input the code “BB10″ into the coupon box during checkout to get 10% off your entire purchase.
18. Cat Exercise Wheel. If your cats are indoor loafs like mine, this exercise wheel by can help them burn off all those treats! For a 10% discount code that is available until the end of the year, use the code: “bargainbabe015cc”.
=^..^= For a complete list of CatCon Vendors and a Link to Their Sites and Merchandise, =^..^=