Hosting a Thanksgiving dinner can be pricey, but did you know how many brand name items you can buy at your local dollar store? You can save on food, items for food preparation, even table decorations… everything but the turkey!
32 Thanksgiving Deals at Your Local Dollar Store.
Yesterday, I popped into my local 99 Cents Only Store and was greeted by the above display for Thanksgiving. As I walked around the store, I found so many great items for Turkey Day. What a bargain! Here’s what I found:
- Baking tins for the turkey or food you’ve prepared in bulk. Because they’re disposable, they’re pretty handy if you’re bringing food to someone else’s house.
- Oven bags to cook the turkey in.
- Turkey lacers.
- Turkey lifters.
- Turkey basters.
- Heinz turkey gravy. 2 jars for 99 cents!
- Cornbread stuffing.
- Mashed potato mix.
- Condensed milk for making pumpkin pies.
- Tin foil sheets to cover those pies and other dishes.
- Serving spoons.
- Cornbread mix.
- Pure cane sugar for baking pumpkin pies, pecan pies, or other desserts.
- Jellied cranberry sauce.
- Canned corn.
- Canned beans.
- Mini marshmallows for topping sweet potatoes or yams.
- Spices for baking. Don’t pay regular grocery store prices!
- Thanksgiving greeting cards to send to someone special – maybe an out-of-town relative you’ll be thinking of on this holiday.
- Decorative plates.
- Decorative napkins.
- Decorative cups.
- Little festive boxes to use as place-setting decorations.
- Cranberry juice.
- Plates in fall colors.
- Candles in fall colors. To coordinate with the plates!
- Faux autumn leaves. To use as table decorations.
- Decorative cut-outs of turkeys and pilgrims. Especially cute if you have kids.
- Place mats in fall colors with leaf-shaped cut-outs.
- Window decorations – just press and they cling!
- Cheesy fold-out accordion-style turkeys. Because it’s good to have a sense of humor.
- Various fall decorations in felt and wood in the shape of fall leaves, scarecrows, pumpkins, flowers in fall colors, etc.
Looking for more ideas on how to save at Thanksgiving? Check out these previous Niconail articles:
What are your favorite dollar store Thanksgiving deals?