It is so dry where I live that even the cactus needs to be watered so I take a bottle of water with me every time I leave the house. After using a ton of different water bottles, I found my favorite – the .
Here’s why I love the and why you should have one, too!
- It is BPA-free, so I am not getting exposed to any toxins.
- The bottles come in different colors. Each member of my family has their own bottle with an identifying color. I’m not endlessly washing water bottles and throwing good water down the drain because we can’t remember whose bottle belongs to who.
- Using this bottle is a one-handed operation. You squeeze a large, flat button on the neck of the bottle. This opens a “slot” were the water comes out when you tilt the bottle to your lips. Let go of the button and the slot is covered up. That’s the “autoseal.”
- The “autoseal” keeps the water from spilling if you drop, jostle or tip the bottle. Yay! No more spills, leaks, or wrestling with lids!
- This one handed operation also means that I don’t have to take off a bottle top when I want to drink. It’s kind of hard to do that when I am driving a car. Because it is so easy to take a drink of water, I tend to drink more and stay more hydrated.
- The other fabulous construction feature of this water bottle is that the top has a clip that allows you to put it on to your purse handle or belt buckle if you don’t want to carry it any more. This is great for mom’s who are always carrying way more than two hands can handle.
- When you unscrew the top, the water bottle has a large mouth. This makes it easy to fill the bottle with ice cubes. I fill mine directly from the ice dispenser in my fridge door.
- The Contigo is strong enough for kids. It’s sturdy construction has kept it from breaking or cracking when I drop it.
- It’s incredibly affordable. I have used this bottle daily for over a year, approximately 300 times. The bottle is currently going for $10.99 on Amazon. So, my Contigo water bottle cost me 4 cents per use.
- I’m saving money using my Contigo water bottle. Even the cheapest 24 oz bottle of water is at least a dollar. So, I have saved at least $289! I would say that this bottle is worth the money.
There are a couple of down-sides to this bottle. They aren’t a big deal to me, but they might be to you, so here they are:
- If you put ice into this container, it will probably condensate on the outside. The manufacturer has come up with a fix for this. They now have an . This keeps the bottle from getting condensation. The double-walled bottle is the same size but only holds 18 oz. If the idea of condensation bothers you, then maybe the double-walled bottle would be good for you. You can also just make a little which not only would handle the condensation but give you a really great conversation starter.
- Because the bottle is sealed so well, it makes a little spit of water when you open it. It’s kind of funny until you get used to it. The solution is to press the button and unseal the vacuum before you put it up to your face. The kids, on the other hand, will love getting the little squirt of water!
This company does make other kinds of bottles. They make tops that have built in straws. They make tops that you unscrew. They make bigger bottles and 14 oz . But the bottle that I love is the 24 ounce .