One of my main financial policies is: “Make sure it is worth the money.”
I don’t care if we are talking about a one dollar ice cream cone or a half-a-million dollar house. The question is: “Is it worth it?”
My first subject is my . This little piece of kitchen equipment set me back around $450 (tax included) AND I bought it new – not used! (It is currently on sale for $399 through Amazon.) Note, if you have a Vitamix or Magic Bullet, we want to hear from your blender experience in the comments!
I thought about buying this blender for a long time. I wasn’t sure if I would really use it. But I am here to tell you that YES! It is worth it.
I use my blender almost every day. Because the blender actually has a digital counter built into the base unit, I know that I have used this blender over 650 times. (That is about 630 more times than I used my food processor which is so big and bulky that I keep it on the bottom shelf of my pantry and should just give it away, but I can’t because I spent so much money for it. But, that is a topic for another article.)
So, right now, I stand at about 69 cents per use. That is pretty high per use, but I have a 10 year warranty on this blender. If I continue to use it the same amount, I will use it 3,250 times and the cost per use will be around 14 cents. This is still more expensive, then say, the per use price of a spoon, but I’d hate to try and make a smoothie with a spoon.
Here are my top ten reasons for loving my :
- My number one reason for loving this blender is because since I bought it, my husband makes himself a superfood smoothie several times a week. It would be worth it just to get him to do that.
- I no longer use canned cream of mushroom soup in my recipes because I found out how simple it was to just make my own in my blender. I love this because I am now in control of the ingredients – no preservatives and flavor enhancers.
- I use my to turn my veggie scraps into a compost soup that I can put directly on my plants or into the composter. This drastically cuts down the decomposition time. And means less garbage to take out!
- It only takes a minute to clean the blender – warm water and a spritz of dish soup. Turn on the blender for a couple of second. Rinse. Dry. Simple.
- The Blendtec is shorter than some other blenders. It fits right under my cabinets. Therefore, I regain some valuable counter space when not in use.
- You can make ice cream in the Blendec. Yep! I’ve made it.
- I love to make (or use other fruits). I just cut up the fruit. Simmer it on the stove with a bit of water until it is soft. Then I blend it. Sometimes I add a bit of cinnamon. Yummy!
- I don’t have babies anymore, but if I did, this is how I would be making nutritious for my young ones.
- Every time I go to one of those expensive organic restaurants, I always get the soup. Then I realized it is just a veggie soup thrown into a Blentec. Now I can make my own expensive soup, but for a much cheaper price tag. (Note: I like to serve it in my best china bowls.)
- My mother’s secret to getting us kids to eat veggies? She blended them into almost everything she made. You can blend veggies into a smoothie that can then be added to hamburgers, tomato sauces, even brownies! There are lots of ways you can hide veggies in your kid’s food.
Now, you may be saying… hey, why not just use a regular blender?
They are way cheaper than a . Well, I tried that and I kept just burning through the motors. The cheap blenders are fine for whipping up eggs, but they can’t handle chopping up ice or turning raw celery hearts into celery soup.
So, I love my Blendtec. Do you have a Blendtec? What is your No. 1 reason to love your Blendtec?
I love my Blendtec! I researched reviews for a long time trying to decide between it & the Vitamix & they were pretty similar, but I went with the Blendtec. It was a big (gulp) purchase for my frugal self, but so worth it! It can be used for so much more than just yummy smoothies. Heck, I can grind wheat into flour to make homemade bread & knead it in my blender! I’m a total fan.
I, too love my Blendtec. I use it every day (658) and it has been the best item in my kitchen! It fits perfectly in my cabinent. I have a friend who uses her Vitamix and is pleased with it. So ~ I would say we all win when we have such wonderful products to help cut down our time in the kitchen!
This post contains affiliate links.≈