By Bobbi Burger Brunoehler of .
Valentine’s Day is here and along with it comes my favorite craft season. You can buy a dozen over-priced roses, but I always create my own valentine gifts. Making homemade valentines is fun no matter what age you are. Some of the first craft projects I did with my kids were Valentine’s Day cards for Daddy. Ooooh!
Here are five of my favorite Valentine card craft tips:
- . Once you learn to draw a heart, it is easy. But, how do you learn or teach someone else? Here is a simple step-by-step lesson to teach you. It involves two circles and a triangle.
- . This super cool origami isn’t too hard, especially with these detailed folding directions. Learn the art of folding paper and then make one in front of your love and hand it to him/her or make it part of a card. Impressive!
- . This simple 1:31-minute video shows you how to make a bouquet that your cookie-loving sweetie will find tasty.
- . This video shows you the basics of what can be an advanced card-making technique. Take the time to watch this video 4:01-minute and you will be able to make an impressive card.
- From the original queen of homemade. This slide show is worth watching to get ideas.
Of course, you can also draw a heart in the sand, on a steamy window or with chalk on your front stoop. There are so many ways to say “I Love You.” You don’t have to just use these ideas on Valentine’s Day. Any day is a good day to show appreciation.
What are your homemade Valentine’s gift ideas? I look forward to reading them.