In three parts, 12 chapters and 260 pages, authors and spouses M. Gary Neuman and Melisa Neuman mix lessons with anecdotes from years of counseling patients. The book offers tips for how to talk to your kids about money, exercises to discover how you relate to money, and steps to talk through fights about finances.
The Neumans offer this six-step process to solving problems:
1. Discuss how you wish things had turned out.
2. Outline the way you wanted to reach your goal.
3. Talk only about what your goal is.
4. Explore every other possible way to reach this goal than the way you’ve been trying.
5. Decide whcih new, creative paths seem most likely to get you to this goal.
6. Begin putting all your energy into that new path while keeping yourself open to every other path that could get you to your goal.
Sounds like good advice! Leave a comment on this post by Thursday night to win my review copy. Or buy the book for.