This post is brought to you buy familyFinds.com, which has the for families.
A survey from the National Retail Federation showed what gift givers plan to buy during the 2010 holiday season. It looks a lot like my Christmas list!
- 20% say they will buy jewelry
- 59% will purchase clothing or clothing accessories
- 55% will buy spend money on gift cards
- 53% will buy books, CDs, DVDs, videos or video games
- 42% will make a toy purchase
- 29% will spend on food or candy
The survey included responses from almost 9,000 earlier this month and listed the top 10 gifts for boys and for girls. The top gifts for boys included, in order, video games, Legos, cars (generic), Disney Toy Story (unclear if they mean the movie or figurines), Hot Wheels, Transformers, Xbox 360, Fisher-Price Toys, Iron Man, Nintendo Wii, and trucks (generic).
The top 10 gifts for girls included Barbie, dolls, Dora the Explorer, video games, Disney princesses, Zhu Zhu Pets, American Girl, Fisher-Price Toys, Disney’s Hannah Montana, and Bratz dolls.
Stay tuned for BargainBabe.com’s unusual gift guide this year or go straight to Bobbi’s homemade gifts. What’s at the top of your list this year?