For $6.16 I obtained some three dozen coupons online, including shipping. Yesterday, I used half of them at Stop & Shop to score big.
On the advice of long time reader and coupon savant Evie, I purchased coupons online at instead of using TheCouponMaster. (CouponsandForms is a nominally better site, but the minimum purchase is $5, as opposed to $3 at TheCouponMaster.)
Loading so many of each item made me feel like I was on Extreme Couponing. Would the cashier accept all my coupons??? Oh, the drama!
My cart rang up to $65.67 but I paid just
$40.43. That’s 39% off!!!
Everything in the picture was purchased on sale and with a coupon – except for the deodorant, which I had I coupons for but they didn’t ring up and I didn’t notice the mistake until I had loaded all the groceries in the car, returned the cart, and strapped the baby into her carseat. I would like to go back today, return the deodorant, and re-purchase them to make sure the coupons go through (I have extras.) My total savings would have been even bigger had I noticed this error.
The deals I got:
- Contadina crushed tomatoes 32 oz on sale for 4/$5
- I purchased four and used a $1/4 coupon
- Final price: $1 per can
- Goya black and pink beans on sale for $.79 each
- I purchased 25 and used six $1/4 coupons (I meant to buy 24)
- Final price: $.54 each
- Nestle Morsels were on sale 2/$5
- I bought 10 bags of chocolate chips and used 10 $.50 off coupons
- Each coupon doubled to $1 off
- Final price: $1.50 each!
- Old Spice deodorant sticks on sale for $2.99
- My $1 off coupons did not ring up for some reason
- I need to go back today and clear things up
These sale prices end TODAY at Stop & Shop so hurry out if you want to take advantage of these deals. If you shop at another grocery store, check out our weekly round up of grocery coupon matches. We link to the best matches for 15 different grocery stores around the country.