My new tech guy is super duper, but he’s not sure he can make BargainBabe.com accessible in Internet Explorer 7 and 8, which draws a blank page instead of the homepage. (We have resolved this problem for those of you using IE9 or IE10).
I really wish I could wave my hand, say “Sha-zaaam!” and make this problem go away. But I cannot.
So what’s the solution?
Please, pretty please, update your Internet Explorer software.
Let’s break it down.
- Roughly 24% of BargainBabe.com readers access the site with IE
- Within that 24%, a third of you are using IE7, IE7, or IE8.
- That’s 8% of readers overall – who are drawing a big, annoying white page instead of the BargainBabe.com homepage!
I can only image how frustrating that white space must be!
So here are easy and detailed instructions on how to update your IE software. Remember…
- It’s free
- The software is safe to download (make sure to use the link I provided below – I vetted it)
- You won’t receive any spam (any more than you already do)
- It takes about 12 minutes
Note: If you use Windows XP, you will not be able to download anything more current than IE8. If you want IE9, you have to pay for newer software. If you don’t want to shell out any cash (and I would suggest you do not) what you can do is download a different browser: Google Chrome, Safari (if you have a Mac), or Firefox. Here are safe places to download each:
Here’s how to update your Internet Explorer software.
1. Go to
Note: It is safest to update IE only from Microsoft, which makes the IE software. Lots of other sites (some of them legit) offer IE updates, but it’s not as safe as getting the updates directly from Microsoft.
2. Click on the “Download Internet Explorer 9” button. (You may want to unclick the button that makes Bing and MSN your defaults.)
3. A small box will open up asking if you want to save the file IE9-WindowsVista-x86-enu.exe. Click Save File.
4. Your computer will begin to download the software file. Give it a few minutes. When it is finished, the file should appear in your downloads. Close everything else open on your computer, except for your downloads folder. Then double click the file you just downloaded, IE9-WindowsVista-x86-enu.exe. This allows the file to run on your computer, updating your older version of IE to IE9, the newest free version (IE10 requires you to buy Windows 8 for $40.)
5. When the file has finished running, restart your computer. Ta da!!!!
You’re all set to use IE9 and read BargainBabe.com – without any annoying blank pages!
Did you run into any stumbling blocks? Leave a comment!