For instance, if you are late on a credit card payment, but you have a good record of paying on time, you can request that the late fee be removed. But you have to ask.
If you are renting a car and you want a better price, you can often just get a deal at the rental counter, but you have to ask.
Are you starting to pick up a pattern here?
Here are big ticket items that you can get lowered just by asking:
- Mortgage fees. When you get a mortgage there are so many fees that they really add up. You can often get some of these fees dropped or paid by someone else. Always ask if you can get the interest rate dropped, especially if you have good credit. Even if it is just a tiny bit, it will add up to a lot of money in the long run. Do your homework so that you can .
- Cruise or travel package rates. Depending on the time of the year, you can get a good deal. During the off seasons, it is a buyer’s world. Ask for a better price and you are likely to get a discount.
- Hotel rooms. Although you might not be able to get a drop in the rate, you can often get an upgrade when you check in.
- Services. If you are using a privately owned service business such as a plumber, electrician, carpenter or the like, you can often strike a deal or even better, see if there is a barter deal that will work. Is there something you have or do that they would like in exchange for their services?
- Weddings. There are so many expenses involved in a wedding. From the invitations to the gown to the musicians. They all can be hired for a better price. Of course, it would be hard to beat Niconail’s $1,500 wedding.
- Appliances. When shopping for appliances, you can always consider buying the floor model which is almost always discounted. You can even ask for more of a discount, especially if you are buying more than one appliance. For instance, if you are buying a washer and a dryer, you can ask for a multiple sale discount (even if they are already discounted.)
The simple rule here is: You have to ask. If you don’t ask, the answer is always “no.” If you ask, the answer will sometimes be “yes.”
Have you asked and gotten a good deal?
This post is copyrighted by BargainBabe.com. Other sites posting this content are violating the DMCA.